August 10, 2012

Polemic

.



There were years, in my writing, in which I avoided all polemic / and then one day I thought, why avoid, why not fight for what you think, why are you so afraid of saying what you believe and possibly being wrong / take the risk of being wrong / so slowly, over time, more and more polemic was allowed into my work / and now I wonder: is my writing too much like politics, too much like advertising / is there enough ambiguity, enough mystery, since in life one can never completely know what one thinks or how one should fight / for me a real conversation is always one where the possibility is strongly present that you might still change your mind.



.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try a real job one day and see its affect on your writing.

Jacob Wren said...

What real job would you suggest?