May 13, 2013

Email from Kathrin Tiedemann

.



I found these two sentences in Ricardo Piglia's "Short Forms" in a chapter with the title "Borges' Last Story" about how reading is the art to construct a personal memory from experiences and memories that are not yours. Scenes from books you read will be recalled as private memories. That way life and literature become something inseparable, an unforgettable experience that will be remembered like a melody. - I love this thought so much. It reminded me of how much I have always been a reader and that if I don't read enough I feel cut off from my memory.

If reading is the art to construct a personal memory I wonder how in comparison "watching a performance" could be defined?



.

1 comment:

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

That way life and literature become something inseparable, an unforgettable how to block emailexperience that will be remembered like a melody. - I love this thought so much.